One of the posts on there recently has come from the inspiration of another blogger who herself has been challenged in the area of being thankful for her children and all the mishaps that go along with parenting. She made a list of things she can't wait for Tricia to experience with Gwyneth, and then invited others to participate. Nate has extended the same invitation. So, here is my list (all of which I have done in the past 24 hours). I can't wait for Tricia to:
- clean up the water from the bathroom floor from the humidifier tank your daughter just broke
- sing silly songs and make silly faces just tyring to coax a few more bites into her stubborn little mouth
- get up at 5AM to lay your suprisingly awake little one back in bed and praying she'll go back to sleep and wake up at a more considerate hour
- soothe your little girl who seems more interested in crying than in taking her morning nap
- help her practice taking steps into your arms
- cheer when you're sure that "ah duh" means "all done" and "doo" means "dog"
- coax her to say "mama" instead of "bahbahbah" and "duhduhduh" all day long
- do everything you can to make her laugh
Motherhood is not without it's challenges, but I love it, and I love my daughter to pieces. Please continue to pray that Tricia will get her new lungs soon and will get to enjoy all the many precious moments with her daughter that life can bring.